you know what let’s examine Ash’s so-called racism toward aliens for the 500th time since ppl can’t seem to understand
her family history at Shanxi has been crippling her military career ever since she enlisted
she is far from the only humans that shows a distrust of turians and some of them are straight up shitty to you
she holds the view that when the shit hits the fan aliens are not going to be there for humans (AND WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENS WHEN THE REAPERS INVADE??)
she is wary about letting alien nationals poke around top secret advanced Alliance technology (and how does the Migrant Fleet end up with tech suspiciously similar to that of the Normandy?)
IOW she is just wary and pragmatic and basically every concern she’s had ends up coming true
but despite all that she gets over her bullshit ok? she does. even in the course of the first game. she calls out the Terra Firma guy on his bigotry. she is 100% cool working with Kirrahe and the STG squad on Virmire, even if she doesn’t end up giving up her life there. she refuses to work for Cerberus and eventually ends up as a Council Spectre directly taking orders from A MULTISPECIES COUNCIL and will even shoot the human Councilor when it’s clear he poses a threat to the alien Councilors. and she shows all kinds of concern for the alien squadmates in 3 and clearly views them as comrades in arms. even Tali, who proved her right.
and while we’re on the subject of Tali
I love Tali to death forever and ever but she is racist as fuck and tbh her come to Jesus moment happens a lot later in the trilogy than Ashley’s and she struggles a lot harder with unlearning the shit she’s been steeped in her entire life. and can we just remember that the way to gain her loyalty involves helping her cover up her father’s war crimes against the species she was brought up to hate and fear
so don’t give me this shit about Ashley when she was basically right about everything and learned and grew as a character and none of these assholes that love to rake her through the coals ever say shit about Tali and her character arc
I always wondered what a Male Quarian looked like under the helmet. So I followed the same methods Bioware used to create Tali and I think it turned out rather nicely.
Please do not be fooled by its near legitimate appearance.
why there are no battle cries in me3?
SHEPARD’S BATTLE CRIES, redacted from history by Liara T’Soni, who cared for him enough to bury the truth:
- This one has no time for your solid waste excretions.
- Calibrate THIS!
- Knock knock: Geth who!
- I’m Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel. Remember, kids: shop with Kassa Fabrications. They’re paying me a hell of a lot for this in-battle promotional package.
- I can’t believe that actually worked!
- You think this is hard? Try bludgeoning bureaucracy.
- I just put more bullets in the thing bullets go in!
- I should go.
Other assorted battle cries from various squadmates also kindly redacted:
- ‘The holes in that enemy look like the tiles in a bathroom floor.’ — Kaidan Alenko
- ‘Your mom was right—you should’ve packed a bulletproof sweater.’ — Kaidan Alenko
- ‘Sanity check this!’ — Kaidan Alenko
- ‘I just figured out what to do with gray. The answer’s shoot it.’ — Garrus Vakarian
- ‘Did you see that, Shepard?’ — Garrus Vakarian
- ‘I’m gonna wreck it!’ — James Vega